Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Fairy Tale Holiday

As the holidays rush towards us, I  find myself commiserating with Charlie Brown.  I look around at the commercialism and I long for a simpler time that I personally have never known but have only read about.  Prince Jr and the little Princess get a bad case of the I wants and have a hard time remembering the details of the nativity story no matter how many times we read it, or do a unit study, or play a game about it.  I wonder is there more I could be doing or is this it?  Is this as good as it gets?  Don't get me wrong.  I love the Christmas season. My Prince is ready to put the tree up the day after Halloween, we really try and stretch it out and enjoy every moment.  I love when I can find that perfect gift, I love all our little family traditions that the kids look forward to.  I guess I just wish the meaning  ran a little deeper for us all.  That would a perfect fairy tale holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment