Thursday, August 5, 2010

I am Plan A

Remember that book I mentioned, "Lies Homeschooling Mom's Believe"?  I'm still reading it.  (I'm one of those people that usually has several different books going)  I enjoy this one in little bites because it takes me awhile to wrap my brain around the truths that are in there.  The author points out that if we don't consider ourselves too lazy, too easy going, and too unorganized then we most likely consider ourselves too demanding, too much of a perfectionist or we think we take all the fun out of life.  It resonated with me.  Why is that?  Why can't we find the happy medium?  Why do we always have to go to the negative extreme?  He really blew my mind with his next statement.  Not only does God already know those things about me, but He gave me most of those traits, and He gave me those traits to be best for MY children.  So while I am always out searching for a better system, a better plan, a better something that's going to improve me and my family and my parenting, I need to remember that I am God's Plan A for them.  After all, as the daughter of the King, that does make me a Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment