Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Questions, Questions, and more Questions
Before I had children, my best friend said one of the things that stressed her out as a mom, was all the decisions she had to make in a day. At the time I could not understand why decision making was such a big deal. 7 years and 2 children later I now understand. I sometimes feel as though my entire day has been spent deciding when and how to respond to a particular event, infraction, sibling fight, parental disagreement or educational choice. If I decide not to get involved in the latest sibling squable, will it work itself out or escalate into a maelstrom of destruction? If I decide to allow video games and TV and computer time, will they be antisocial vegetables when they grow up? If I decide clean rooms everyday is not a top priority, will they be capable of keeping their own homes when they grow up? If I get frustrated with my Prince and we argue in front of them, will their view of marriage be damaged forever? If I lose my temper, will they need therapy when they grow up for anger issues? If I decide the classical method of education is the best one, and they end up hating it, will their innate love of learning be ruined for life? If I decide to let the latest infraction slide, will they have a giant flaw in their character? It's an exhausting cycle of what ifs and decisions. The fairy tale looked a lot easier in the book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment